The second cohort of DEI commences on April 18th!
The Dynamic Emotional Integration® education and licensing program (also known as DEI) is excited to announce that the first cohort of DEI Trainers and Consultants will be graduating next month, and that the second cohort is ready to begin!
We’re taking a few more applications for cohort 2, which begins on Monday, April 18th. We already have a wonderful group of people who are ready to start learning, and we’d love for you to join us if you’re ready.
What is Dynamic Emotional Integration®?
Dynamic Emotional Integration® is a non-clinical approach to emotional awareness, healthy empathy, and social-emotional education.
- Emotional awareness involves a deep understanding of the language of emotions and Karla McLaren’s fully rounded model of the emotional realm. This model explores what emotions are, how (and why) they arise, how they work, and how to work skillfully with all of them.
- Healthy empathy is based on emotional awareness and knowledge of the Six Essential Aspects of Empathy. Healthy empathy also incorporates the self-care, self-awareness, and emotion regulation skills that form the foundation for intentional empathy and meaningful emotion work.
- Social-emotional education takes the DEI approach to emotions and empathy and applies it to communication and relationships.
DEI is a learning and self-awareness program based on the work in The Language of Emotions and The Art of Empathy, and it’s also a licensing program for people who want to share this work with others.
The Dynamic Emotional Integration® licensing program is an 8-course online program. It’s a responsive and empathic program focused on interaction and extensive community engagement among students.
The 3 Dynamic Emotional Integration® learning tracks
Self-Care and Awareness Track: You can take the first 4 courses for your own emotional health and well-being without needing to go onward into a licensing track. The Self-Care and Awareness track is a 5-month program.
The 2 Licensing Tracks: If you complete the first 4 courses successfully, you’ll have the option to go forward into the full 14-month program in one of these 2 DEI licensing tracks:
- The Consultant Track is for people who will utilize the DEI principles and practices in non-clinical consultations with individuals.
- The Trainer Track is for people who will offer individually developed group trainings on emotions and empathy using specific DEI practices and materials.
What each course entails: Each online course includes regular live weekly webinar group sessions (of one hour per course week) with Karla McLaren, M.Ed, Amanda Ball, MS, Tino Plank MA, MSN, RN, (schedule permitting), and licensed DEI Trainers and Consultants. There are also extensive forum interactions, Q&As, and opportunities for deeper learning.
Time requirements: The DEI curriculum is built on a graduate seminar model, which relies upon your ability to manage your own time and your own reading schedule. Each DEI course involves 10 hours (per course week) of study, assignments, and exercises that you can complete on your own schedule. You’ll also be able to post in the Forum whenever you have questions or ideas to share. The 10 hours include one (1) required 60-minute live weekly webinar (per course week) that will be offered at 2 or 3 different times and days so that people with heavy work schedules or people in different time zones can easily attend.
Prerequisites: Students need to have read The Language of Emotions and The Art of Empathy or listened to the audio learning programs before the first course (LoE1: Learning the Language of Emotions) begins. Students should have a working understanding of the concepts and the Empathic Mindfulness practices, and comfort with the emotional skills. This is not a read-along course; it is a deepening and interactive inquiry into the “grand unified theory of emotions” model and the Empathic Mindfulness practices Karla has developed over the past four decades.
To learn more
For the DEI course schedule and pricing information, please see the Course Schedule page at Empathy Academy.
To apply for the second cohort, which commences on Monday, April 18th, 2016: Please see the About page at Empathy Academy for more information on how to apply.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 1st, 2016.
Thank you for bringing more emotional awareness and more empathy to our waiting world. We hope to see you in April at Empathy Academy!