The Art of Empathy West Coast Retreat
Balancing Connection, Self-Awareness, and Healthy Intimacy
Friday, June 6th through Wednesday, June 11th, 2014
Empathy is possibly your most essential skill, yet many of us trip over it because we weren’t taught how it works. In this six-day program at the delightful Hollyhock Learning Centre on Cortes Island in British Columbia, you’ll join empathy pioneer Karla McLaren in an experiential exploration of The Art of Empathy.
No matter where you start — whether you’re highly empathic or whether you’re having difficulty accessing your empathy — you’ll learn how to work with empathy in grounded and accessible ways.
In this six-day, five-night program, you’ll explore:
- The Six Essential Aspects of Empathy and how to work with each one
- A unique empathic approach to emotions and social intelligence that will make your empathy much easier to understand
- Five Empathic Mindfulness Skills to help you live more comfortably, empathically, and authentically
- Specific empathic communication skills to nurture healthy empathy in your relationships at home, at work, and in your community
- Numerous self-soothing skills to help you access your empathy in challenging situations
- Ideas and practices to help you create healthy empathic environments at home and at work — for yourself, your children, your family, and your co-workers
If your empathy is too intense, you’ll learn how to manage it more comfortably, and if empathy is confusing for you, you’ll learn how to understand it more clearly.
No matter where you start, you’ll learn how to balance connection and intimacy with self-awareness and self-care, and you’ll learn how to develop healthy empathy!
Cost and registration details
Tuition is $545 Canadian for the six-day Art of Empathy program (Friday, June 6th through Wednesday, June 11th, 2014), plus your choice of food and lodging options. See the Hollyhock site for registration information.
About Hollyhock Learning Centre
Hollyhock is Canada’s premiere learning center, and it’s a wonderful island retreat surrounded by natural beauty and stunning vistas. Each day of your stay, you’ll spend time in the Art of Empathy workshop, plus you’ll have options for movement, contemplation, nature walks, bodywork, and evening learning programs — it’s a very relaxed and comfortable way to learn.
Hollyhock is also famous for its delicious vegetarian buffet meals. If you’d like to try a healthier lifestyle or get your eating and exercise back on track, Hollyhock is an excellent destination. It’s really a 3-for-1: You get a relaxing island vacation, a delicious health retreat, and an Art of Empathy workshop all in one! I hope to see you there!
Learn more or register at the Hollyhock site.
Hollyhock Learning Centre is on Cortes Island in British Columbia, Canada
1-800-933-6339 or (250) 935-6576 (outside North America)