Practices for Embracing Anxiety is an in-depth guide for working brilliantly with your anxiety
Your anxiety is not an affliction. It’s an essential source of foresight, intuition, and energy for completing your tasks and projects.
When you try to ignore or repress your anxiety, it can overwhelm you. But when you learn how to welcome it, you can access its remarkable gifts.
Practices for Embracing Anxiety is a whole-life approach to working skillfully with this essential emotion:
• Principles and practices to befriend your anxiety at every level of intensity
• Strategies to engage with anxiety as a source of foresight, conscientiousness, and motivation
• Why fear, confusion, and panic are not the same as anxiety, and how to work with each effectively
• How anxiety blends with anger, depression, and other emotions, and how to clarify these compounded states
• Conscious Questioning practices to engage with anxiety and access its insights
• How to embrace procrastination and get things done in your own way
With Practices for Embracing Anxiety, you’ll learn how to work with this powerful emotion and get your best work done.
Praise For Embracing Anxiety: How to Access the Genius of This Vital Emotion
“Embracing Anxiety is a kind and empathetic, practical and reality-based approach to managing emotions, useful for anyone and everyone.”
— Mark Bertin, MD, author of How Children Thrive
“Karla McLaren’s breakthrough approach provides the missing link for those who want to finally get off the merry-go-round of anxiety, shame, and self-judgment. Embracing Anxiety has become a permanent fixture in my toolbox.”
—Dr. Samantha Brody, author of Overcoming Overwhelm