My newest book is here!
I am so pleased to present my newest book, Embracing Anxiety: How to Access the Genius of This Vital Emotion!
When I wrote my book, The Language of Emotions, way back in 2009, I didn’t understand anxiety well at all. I mistakenly saw it as a problem, but I’m not alone in making that mistake!
As I did my research for Embracing Anxiety, I learned that most people really had no idea what anxiety was, or even that it’s an emotion — they confused it with many other emotions (especially panic), or they thought it was a disease or a disorder. Poor anxiety! Poor us!
In this book, I enter into the marvelous world of anxiety and help you understand how to identify it, how to work with it, and how to work with it when 9 other emotions (including panic) are present.
I’m so glad to be able to share new information about this brilliant emotion with you.
In Embracing Anxiety, you’ll learn:
- Principles and practices to befriend your anxiety at every level of intensity
- Strategies to engage with your anxiety as a source of foresight, conscientiousness, and motivation
- Why fear, confusion, and panic are not the same as anxiety, and how to work with each of these brilliant emotions effectively
- How anxiety works with anger, depression, and other important emotions, and how to understand and work with these compounded states
- Conscious Questioning practices to engage with the genius inside your anxiety and access its insights
- How to embrace procrastination and get things done in your own way